1881 Hampden Watch Co Pocket Watch
Size 18 - 15 Jewels - Model 1
Fahys Coin Silver Case
1881 Hampden Watch Co Size 18 15 Jewels Coin Silve
• 1881 Hampden Watch Co.
• Serial Number: 117672
• Size: 18
• Jewels - 15
• Model: 1
• Key Wind / Key Set - Key is Included!
• Grade: Woolworth
• Configuration: Open Face - Hunting
• Adjusted: Unadjusted
• Movement: Full Plate
• Movement Finish: Gilt
• Railroad Grade: Unknown
• Case: Open Face - Hinge Back and Bezel (HB&B) - Fahys Coin No 1 - Coin Silver this is a beautiful case, big and heavy! Please look at the High-Resolution photos.
• Dial: Roman Numeral Porcelain Enamel Dial. Chip at 5 o'clock that leads into the seconds sub-chapter from 14 to 33 seconds. Chip on outer edge at 40 minute mark. There looks like a hairline crack is trying to make it's way out from 11 seconds to 19 minutes. The damage sounds worse than it looks!
• Crystal: Thick Carbon crystal that has been polished. Pitting and scratches remain but do not overly deter from the watches presence.
• Serviced - This watch has recently been serviced and calibrated.
o By serviced I mean it has been fully disassembled with all parts inspected. All Jewels were inspected to ensure they were not cracked or chipped. All jewels were then cleaned and polished. All cap jewels were removed for proper cleaning and oiling. The entire watch was cleaned, disassembled, re-inspected, reassembled, oiled and calibrated for efficiency and accuracy.
o The mainspring was replaced during servicing.
o Watch runs well in all positions!
Cleaning: Vibrograf Mark V Ultrasonic, L&R T-9 Ultrasonic and/or L&R Master Watch Cleaning Machine(s)
Calibration: Vibrograf MU 700 and Manual timing
Oil and Grease products: Moebius
• Overall Review: This a very clean watch that is big and heavy! The movement has a very vibrant Gilt finish accented by blued screws. The case has a wonderful high luster to it that really makes this watch stand out!